I’ve been looking for new slow cooker recipes to try and found a recipe for Hobo Stew on Pinterest. The original recipe called had a more tangy sauce (made with ketchup and vinegar) and I wanted something more hearty, so I made some substitutions. The original recipe can be found here–> Hobo Stew
We served this with biscuits. It was a hit with the whole family and one that will definitely be a “keeper” in your menu rotation!
Here’s my recipe including the changes that I made:
- 1 bag frozen meatballs (you could make them from scratch, but I’m all about convenience)
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced (I use the Yukon potatoes)
- 1 can Golden Mushrooom soup
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 bag frozen peas
- Place diced carrots and potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place frozen meatballs on top.
- Pour Golden Mushroom soup and beef broth over the top.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add frozen peas 30 minutes before you are ready to serve.
- NOTE: This will be relatively thick if you use one can of beef broth. If you want a more “soupy” consistency, use two cans of beef broth.
See more slow cooker recipes here–> Slow cooker recipes
See my weekly menu plan and get meal planning inspiration here–> Menu Plan Monday