This recipe is a long time family favorite! I love it, too, because I can dump everything into the slow cooker and it does all of the “work” for me!
See more recipes here–> Recipes
Here’s the recipe:
- 2T flour
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1¾ lb. boneless round steak
- 2 cans 10¾ oz cream of mushroom soup (I use 98% FF)
- 2 c. water (or 1 can 100% FF beef broth for more flavor)
- 1 envelope beef stew mix
- 4 oz can mushrooms, sliced and drained
- ½ c. sour cream
- 1 T minced parsley
- Combine flour, garlic powder, pepper, and paprika in slow cooker.
- Cut meat into 1½ inch strips. Place in flour mixture and toss until meat is well coated.
- Add soup, water, and stew mix. Stir until well blended.
- Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours.
- Stir in mushrooms, sour cream, and parsley and then cook on high 10-15 minutes until heated through. (Depending on the consistency of the sauce, you may need to add cornstarch to thicken or add more water/broth to thin)
- Serve over egg noodles.