Whenever one of my kids gets sick, this is one of their top picks. I have to admit that I love it when I’m sick, too! It’s great because you can throw all of the ingredients in the slow cooker for the day and it basically cooks itself! The last thing you want to do when you’re sick is have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so this is the perfect comfort food!
See more recipes here–> Recipes
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 3 cans cream of chicken soup (I use 98% fat free)
- 3-4 frozen chicken breasts
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2-3 celery stalks, diced
- parsley, to taste
- onion powder (you could also use “real” onions, but I don’t like them, so we use the powder for flavor instead)
- garlic powder, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- egg noodles (1/2 bag)
- Place the frozen chicken breasts on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and seasonings.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before you’re ready to eat, shred the chicken. You can either cook the noodles separately and then drain and add them to the slow cooker or you can add them to the slow cooker and cook everything on high for 20-30 minutes.