I am very excited to announce that LEGO® KidsFest is returning to Houston! My kids and I had the opportunity to go three years ago and we had an AMAZING time! There were truly activities for our entire family to enjoy!
If you haven’t been before, the LEGO® KidsFest is a traveling LEGO® extravaganza featuring millions of LEGO® bricks and dozens of hands-on, educational, and fun building activities for all ages. It features dozens of life-sized LEGO® models and displays, LEGO® building areas, the Big Brick Pile, race ramps and more, all covering more than three acres of space. The brick pile and displays were favorites for my family when we went three years ago. My kids have grown a lot since then, so I can’t wait to see what their favorites are now!
The award-winning LEGO® KidsFest Texas returns to Houston’s NRG Center from Oct. 21 – 23, 2016. Once again, show-goers can enjoy the LEGO® Model Museum, Race Ramps, Creation Nation, Construction Zone, LEGO® DUPLO, LEGO® Retail store and LEGO® KidsFest Marketplace, the Big BrickPile, LEGO® Ninjago and more. Children of all ages and builders of all skills and levels are welcome. LEGO® KidsFest features dozens of new activities and popular favorites on the three-acre show floor. New activities for this year’s visit include LEGO® Mindstorms, LEGO® Movie, LEGO® Disney Princess, the Mixels, a LEGO® Superheroes area and more.
Five identical sessions are available. Tickets are $19 for the Friday and Sunday afternoon sessions, and $22 for both sessions on Saturday and the Sunday morning session. Get more information or purchase your tickets here–> LEGO KidsFest Houston tickets
NOTE: This event WILL sell out!!! I remember last time, I had friends who waited to purchase tickets and they missed out!
The good news is that I have an opportunity for you to win LEGO® KidsFest Houston tickets for your family!
Enter to win here–> Win LEGO® KidsFest tickets
One of MY followers will win 2 tickets to for the opening night session on Friday, Oct 21 2016 (4-8:30pm). I encourage you to LIKE and Follow LEGOKidsFest on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram for all the latest ticketing updates as this event has been selling out in prior cities. Must be 18 to enter, 1 entry per day allowed, random drawing by USFG!
Winner will be randomly chosen by USFG on and announced on my Blog and notified via email,
Here are a few fun facts for you:
- More than 400 billion LEGO bricks have been produced since 1949.
- The LEGO minifigure represents the world’s largest population of people! More than four billion minifigures have been produced in the last 30 years. This is almost 12 times the population of the United States!
- LEGO minifigures are out of this world, literally. The two Mars Rovers have an image of the LEGO minifigure etched into their front grill.
- Approximately seven LEGO sets are sold each second.
- There are about 62 LEGO bricks for every one of the world’s six billion inhabitants.
- Laid end to end, the number of LEGO bricks sold in a year would reach more than five times around the world.
- There are 915 million ways to combine six eight-stud LEGO bricks.
- Children around the world spend five billion hours a year playing with LEGO bricks.
- With a production of about 306 million tires produced a year, the LEGO group is the largest producer of tires in the world.
- LEGO is the contraction of two Danish words, “leg godt” which means “play well”.
- More than 19 billion LEGO elements are produced every year. More than 2.16 million LEGO elements are molded every hour, or 36,000 per minute.
- It took 50 hours and 68,000 LEGO bricks to make the storybook in the LEGO Disney Princess at the shows.
- The largest LEGO Model ever built is the life sized X-Wing fighter. It took more than 17000 hours to build over 5m bricks and 46000 pounds.
- By 2020, LEGO’s aim is to make sure that 100% of its energy will be balanced by renewable energy sources.
I hope to see you and your families at LEGO KidsFest Houston! We can’t wait!