I first discovered baked potato soup when I was in college and one of my roommates made it for us. I figured out a way to adapt her recipe so that I could make it in the slow cooker, and Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup used to be a regular part of our menu rotation. I realized as I was meal planning last month that it had been quite awhile since we had eaten it. It’s easy to make an budget friendly, so I decided it was time to have it again!
Here’s the recipe:
- 5 lb of potatoes, peeled, raw, and diced
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (we use the 98% fat free)
- 2 cans chicken broth
- ½ pound cooked bacon (I use real bacon piece to save time)
- 1 package cream cheese
- Garlic Powder (1 tsp)
- Onion Powder (1 tsp)
- Pepper (1 tsp)
- Grease slow cooker. Place diced potatoes on bottom.
- Cube the cream cheese and place the pieces on top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and the bacon over the top of the potatos.
- Add the cream of chicken soup and chicken broth and stir everything to mix it.
- Cook for 7-8 hours in crock pot on low.
- Before serving, I take a potato masher and mash the potatoes somewhat. We serve with a spoonful of sour cream and shredded cheese!
See more slow cooker recipes here–> Slow cooker recipes
See my weekly menu plan and get meal planning inspiration here–> Menu Plan Monday
*This post may contain affiliate links! Please refer to my disclosure policy for additional information!