Enchiladas of ANY kind are always a hit in my house! My dad used to make these stacked green enchiladas when I was growing up and I took his recipe and modified it so I could make it in the slow cooker. I love it because it’s a quick fix when I have a craving for enchiladas and it’s not as time consuming to make as other enchiladas!
See more recipes here–> Recipes
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 can green enchilada sauce
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (I use 98% FF)
- 1 can Rotel (drained)
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- corn tortillas (one dozen)
- monterrey jack cheese
- Place the chicken breasts, enchilada sauce, cream of chicken soup, and Rotel in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours (or longer..I have been able to leave this one all day!)
- Shred the chicken.
- If you are doing stacked enchiladas, pour some of the chicken mixture on a corn tortilla, then sprinkle cheese and repeat for as many layers as you would like!
- If you would rather have your traditional rolled enchiladas, place some of the mixture and some cheese in a corn tortilla, roll, and place in the pan.
- Pour the remaining sauce mixture over the top and top with cheese and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly.