I’m always looking for new enchilada or Mexican-style recipes, and I came across something similar to this a few months ago and have been meaning to try it. My family enjoyed it, but I think next time I will add some green enchilada sauce into the mixture (the recipe did not call for this, but I think it would have given it an extra “kick”).
See more of my favorite recipes here–> Melissa’s Bargains Favorite Recipes on Pinterest
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12-15 corn tortillas
- 1 can Ro-Tel
- 1 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can green enchilada sauce (optional)
- 1 can black beans or pinto beans, rinse (optional)
- 8 ounces of shredded cheese (we use cheddar or Colby Jack)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken into pieces and brown in a skillet.
- After the chicken is thoroughly cooked, add in the cream soup, enchilada sauce, Ro-Tel, and beans, and mix well.
- Cut tortillas into small 1 inch strips (I used a pizza cutter to do this). Layer 3-4 tortillas along the bottom of an 8X8 baking dish. Pour some of the chicken mixture to cover the layer, add another layer of tortillas, and repeat until you have used all of your tortillas and chicken mixture.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes in at 350 degrees. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes