When it comes to cooking, I love recipes that are easy and kid friendly and this one definitely fits in both areas! We love enchiladas, but sometimes I don’t have time to actually roll them and wait for them to cook. This is a great quick fix for busy nights! I sometimes will cook the chicken overnight and assemble the casserole before I go to work in the morning so I just have to throw it in the oven when I get home!
See more recipes here–> Recipes
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large can red enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- shredded cheese – I use reduced fat
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker and cover with enchilada sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken breasts.
- Pour some enchilada sauce along the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Cut corn tortillas in quarter-size pieces (I use a pizza cutter to do this). Place a layer of corn tortillas along the bottom, cover with the sauce and chicken mixture, and then add cheese. Continue layering until you have used all of your tortillas and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is bubbly. When you remove it from the oven, allow it to set for about 5 minutes and then cut and serve.