I love ice block crafts. I have made Christmas ones and a few for every day display, but I never thought of doing one for Thanksgiving. As I packed-up the Halloween decor today, I realized I basically have no Thanksgiving decorations. This glass block turkey will be perfect for my mantel.
Back when I first started making glass block displays, they didn’t sell the blocks in craft stores. You had to buy them at a home improvement store and drill a hole in the bottom yourself. Thank goodness for craft stores! They have made my life exponentially easier.
Here is what you need to make this Glass Block Turkey:
- Small glass block, 5.5 inch x 5.5 inch
- Brown glass enamel paint
- Black acrylic paint
- Patterned scrapbook paper in coordinating fall colors
- Orange and red paper, or orange and red acrylic paints
- wooden craft sticks (popsicle sticks)
- White glue, such as Elmer’s
- Heat resistant glue, such as a two part epoxy
- decoupage medium, such as Mod Podge
- 2 googly eyes
- paint brush
- A string of orange Halloween lights (50 light strand works well)
Don’t forget your coupons as you head out to the craft store.
- Michael’s 40% off any one item (expires November 5th)
- Hobby Lobby 40% off any one item (expires Novemver 5th)