If you’re looking for an easy and kid-friendly way to use up leftover beef, check out Cowboy casserole! This is my “go to” recipe for leftovers! I’ve used it with ground beef and this week, I used it with the meat we had left from our Slow Cooker French Dip sandwiches!
See more recipes here–> Recipes
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or whatever leftover beef you have)
- 1 can Ranch style beans
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 cup Bisquick
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook (or re-heat) beef in a skillet. Add ranch style beans and BBQ sauce and simmer on low and then pour in a casserole dish.
- Mix milk, Bisquick, and ¼ cup cheddar cheese together. Drop spoonfuls on the beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Add the remaining cheddar cheese to the top and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.