Who doesn’t love mashed potatoes? Every now and then, though, it’s nice to have some variation on your traditional mashed potatoes. I discovered this recipe two years ago when Hoosier Homemade posted it! It’s perfect for Easter, Thanksgiving, or when you need a comfort food fix!
Here’s my variation of the recipe:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Ranch dip
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups water
- ½ c. margarine
- 3 cups instant potato flakes
- 8 oz shredded cheese
- Spray 13X9 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a saucepan, combine the water and margarine and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, add the potato flakes, and mix well.
- Beat the eggs, cream cheese, dip, and milk until smooth. Stir in half of the shredded cheese.
- Pour the potatoes into the egg and cream cheese mixture. Beat until smooth and then pour into the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes uncovered. You can also refrigerate and then bake it later.
- I add the remaining cheese on top when I’m ready to serve.