This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Allstate. All opinions are 100% mine.
Over the past month, like many other Americans, I sat glued to my phone, computer, and TV screen speechless and horrified over the bombings in Boston, the devastation in West, and then the tornado in Oklahoma. Thanks to all of the advancements in technology, we have the opportunity to live life in real time. Unfortunately, because of this, sometimes it seems like we are bombarded with all of the bad things that are going on around us and it can be hard to gain perspective and take a step back to focus on all of the good moments!
Unlike other insurance companies who are there to react when the worst happens, Allstate has taken a proactive approach. They believe that you shouldn't wait for something bad to happen before you take the time to do something good. Allstate is focusing on the premise that people live for the good things in life and they are committed to helping people celebrate all of the positives rather than focusing on the negatives! I love it! You can read more about it here–> Allstate Good Life
My husband and I have been faced with a number of trials over the past 11 years of marriage, including job losses and financial struggles, but we've had our share of good moments, too. Over the past week, in the wake of so many tragic events, I have really tried to focus on the little things that I often take for granted. Here are a few:
- My children's hugs and kisses and knowing that they love me unconditionally in spite of mistakes I make (they're not teenagers yet, though!)
- Air conditioning (it's HOT in Texas and I dont know how people managed without it)
- Good friends, especially those who somehow know when to call at the right time
- Being able to participate in end of year celebrations at school with my kids and seeing how much they've learned and grown over the past year
- Family getaways and summer vacation
What are some of your "good life" moments that you're celebrating? Feel free to share in the comments!