A few weeks ago, I posted here about Walmart’s updated coupon policy. The new policy has generated lots of excited, especially because you can now get “overage” when you use coupons there and buy a product using a coupon that has a higher value than the price of the actual product. The other item that generated excitement was the opportunity to use store catalina coupons. I was able to do this at my store when I tried, but I have gotten e-mails from others who have had mixed experiences.
Walmart has now updated their coupon policy to include the following clarification about the catalina coupons they will accept:
Checkout coupons (“Catalinas”)
- Printed at our competitors’ registers for dollar/cents off on a specific item
- Must have “Manufacturer Coupon” with specific item requirements printed on them
- Must have a valid remit address for the manufacturer
- Must have a valid expiration date
- Must have a scannable bar code
- Are acceptable in black and white
- May not be duplicated
Because it now specifics “specific item” this means you cannot use Register Rewards from Walgreens or OYNO catalinas from your grocery stores. This is a bummer, but it’s still exciting that you can get overage!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to my disclosure policy for more information.