I absolutely love the Molten Chocolate Cake at Chili’s! When I was pregnant with my third, I craved it so much that we ended up eating there once a week for several months. To this day, whenever we get close to a Chili’s parking lot my children all groan in unison. Lucky for then, my brother-in-law law introduced me to this crockpot version of the cake and it is so yummy. When we had it, my mother-in-law was there so we went the gluten free route and it was still really good!
Here is what you need to make it:
- 1 Chocolate Cake Mix (If needed, Betty Crocker makes gluten free cake mixes that are pretty good)
- 1 Box of Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 2 Cups cold milk
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Bag of Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 1 2/3 cups of water
- 1 Crockpot Liner
Here is how to make it:
- In a bowl mix the cake mix, water, eggs and oil, then pour into the crockpot.
- In a bowl mix the pudding mix and milk, then pour in a spiral motion over the cake batter.
- Pour chocolate chips on top.
- Put the lid on and cook on high for two hours.
- After 2 hours, turn off the crockpot, but leave the lid on for another 30 minutes. This helps the pudding to set.
- When ready, scoop out a serving and top with vanilla ice cream.