When my husband and I were dating, would would sometimes eat at my now in-laws house for dinner. I remember one night my mother-in-law made rice meatballs for dinner and they were yummy! After we were married, I have collected a number of recipes from my mother-in-law and this is one of our family’s favorites! It’s one of my go to recipes when I need something that’s quick to fix. I serve it over noodles or rice with a side of veggies.
Make sure you check out more of my recipe posts here–> Recipes
Make sure you follow my favorite recipes board on Pinterest–> Melissa’s Bargains Favorite Recipes
- 1 cup uncooked minute rice
- 1 lb ground beef (I use 93/7)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 t. grated onion
- 2 t. salt (I cut this in half)
- ⅛ t marjoram
- dash pepper
- 2½ cups tomato juice (or two 8 oz cans tomato sauce mixed with ½ cup water)
- ½ t sugar
- Combine rice and all other ingredients except tomato juice and sugar. Form balls and arrange in skillet.
- Pour tomato juice & sugar mixture over meatballs. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat & simmer uncovered 20 minutes.