Making gingerbread houses can be so much fun and it is a really great way to get the whole family involved in an activity together. It is amazing to see just how creative your kids can get! The internet is filled with ideas and patterns for every skill level. This is just a basic gingerbread recipe and pattern.
Here’s what you need:
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 Tbsp) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup dark molasses
- 1 Tbsp water
- candies of your choice
If you are looking for something a little more advanced, check out Ultimate Gingerbread. They have a ton of ideas with pictures and patterns.