Since I work in a school and I now have a school-aged child, I am a HUGE fan of the Box Tops for Education program. The Safeway family of stores (which includes Dominick’s, Tom Thumb, Randalls, Vons, and Genuardi’s) is making it simple to give back with “2 Ways 2 Earn” cash for your schools with Box Tops for Education and the “10% Goes Back to Schools” program.
Box Tops for Education has already given away over $320 million to help the more than 69 thousand schools participating. And if that wasn’t enough, earning Box Tops is even easier this year with four new brands participating in the program: Progresso Soup, Totino’s Pizza, Betty Crocker Cake Mixes and Gold Medal Flour.
To help your local schools even further just look for the “10% Goes Back to Schools” yellow school bus tags on over 2,000 of your favorite items throughout Safeway from August 11th – September 14th. When you purchase participating products with your Club Card, Safeway will give 10% of the purchase price to the local school of your choice.
Here’s how it works:
* Check your receipt from August 11 – September 14. The total will be updated each time you shop.
* Beginning on September 18, a redemption code will be printed at the bottom of your receipt.
* Visit backtoschools.escrip.com before October 13 to choose your favorite participating local school, then simply enter your redemption code to make your donation.
To learn more about Box Tops for Education and Safeway’s “10% Goes Back to Schools” program, visit www.2ways2earn.com. And while you’re there, don’t forget to enter the Safeway Bonus Box Tops Sweepstakes for a chance to win 1,000 Bonus Box Tops for the participating school of your choice!
To promote Safeway’s “2 ways 2 earn” promotion, Safeway and General Mills via My Blog Spark have provided me with a $25 Safeway gift card and another one to give away. One lucky reader will also get a $25 Safeway gift card AND a bonus box tops certificate worth 50 box tops!
The giveaway starts today, August 30th, and will end on Thursday, September 9th at 11:59 p.m. CT. I will announce the winner on Friday, September 10th. The winner will be chosen randomly using random.org.
You will have 24 hours to provide me with your contact information (when you post to enter, you must leave your e-mail address or some other way for me to contact you!).
Here’s how you can enter to win:
1. Visit Box Tops for Education on Facebook and “like” them. Create a post to let me know that you did and share some of your favorite box-top earning products!
2. Subscribe to my blog (You must activate your subscription to validate your entry). Please post a comment letting me know that you subscribe.
3. Follow my blog through Blogger or become a fan on Facebook. Leave an entry letting me know that you’re following!
4. Blog about the giveaway on your blog. Be sure to come back and post a link to your post!
Please create a separate post for each of your entries. If you win, you need to provide me with some way to contact you. (Remember, if you post a comment as “anonymous” you need to include some sort of identifying information or your entry will not be valid). If you’re accessing this through a live feed somewhere else, you will need to actually come here to enter the giveaway.
Thanks again to Safeway, General Mills and MyBlogSpark for this giveaway opportunity! (Please note that although I did receive a gift card from Safeway, General Mills, and My Blog Spark, they did not influence my comments in any way. Please refer to my disclosure policy for more information.)
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to my disclosure policy for more information.