I LOVE Target. I love it so much in fact that I have to make a list before I go and vow to stick to it. Otherwise, I’ll find myself WAY over budget. There are just way too many temptations! If you love Target, too, here are Four Ways to Save MORE at Target! Every penny counts, right?
1. Get a Target Red Card – The Target Red card can be either a store credit card OR you can link it to your debit card! Either way, it gives some GREAT benefits!
- 5% off your total purchase price in Target stores and online at Target.com
- FREE shipping (no minimum purchase requirements) on Target.com – this could REALLY come in handy during the holidays!
- 30 days extended return policy
- Target Pharmacy Rewards
Find out more here–> Target Red Card
2. Maximize your coupons – At Target, you can “stack” store coupons and manufacturer’s coupons! They do not give overage or cash back, but you CAN score free items using stacked coupons! See the full Target coupon policy here–> Target coupon policy
- Sign up for Mobile coupons – Text COUPONS to 827438 to begin receiving mobile coupons. These are one time use and text messaging rates from your provider will apply.
- Use the Target Cartwheel app – Load coupons using the Target Cartwheel app and redeem them in store! Find out more here-> Target Cartwheel app
- Print Target store coupons – Use Target store coupons with manufacturer’s coupons to save even more in store! You can only use one “like” Target coupon per transaction.
3. Sign up for Shopkick – Shopkick is SERIOUSLY one of my favorite apps! If you haven’t registered for Shopkick yet, you’re missing out on FREE Target gift cards! Make sure you register here–> Shopkick Registration
- Earn points just for walking into a Target store!
- Earn points for scanning specific items in store using your Shopkick app
- Earn points for purchases at qualifying stores
- Exchange points for Target gift cards (and other store gift cards)
- Use money-saving Target store coupons
4. Price match – Target will price match online deals and competitor’s in store ads. They will also do price adjustments in store if an item you purchased goes on sale within 7 days of the purchase date. All you have to do is go back to the store with your receipt! Find out more about their price match policy here–> Target Price match policy
5. Bring your own bags – Target will give you a $.05 credit for each reusable bag you bring to the store!
MORE Target Money-Saving Tips
- Watch for deals where you earn gift cards with specific purchases. Combine the gift card deals with coupons to save even more! I always keep a $5 gift card on hand to “roll” into these deals so I spend even less
- Shop the clearance sections, which can usually be found on end caps.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for a rain check if an item is out of stock!
- Know the Mark-down schedule: it may vary by location and store
Monday: Kids’ Clothing, Stationery (office supplies, gift wrap), Electronics
Tuesday: Women’s Clothing and Domestics (Decor)
Wednesday: Men’s Clothing, Toys, Food, Health and Beauty
Thursday: Lingerie, Shoes, Housewares
Friday: Cosmetics, Automotives
How do YOU save money at Target?