CVS has Stove Top stuffing on sale for just $.77 this week. Use the $.50/1 printable coupon here and you’ll get it for just $.27 after coupon! (Thanks Money Saving Madness!) Make sure you check out the rest of the CVS deals, match-ups and scenarios in my post here!
Check out this awesome recipe we tried out last week: it says to use Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix, but I bet you could use Stove Top, too!
Swiss chicken – I found this recipe on “Mommy Meals” and it looked kid friendly, so I decided to try it out – it was a hit and very easy to throw together!!
4 – large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 – tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted (I’m going to cut this)
8 – slices Swiss cheese
1 – 10 3/4-oz can condensed cream of chicken soup (I will use 98% FF)
1/4 – cup white wine (I will substitute chicken broth)
1/4 – cup sour cream ( will use reduced fat)
1 Tbs. of olive oil
10 oz. fresh cut mushrooms
1 1/2 – cups Pepperidge farm stuffing mix, crushed, I used savory cornbread
kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Season Chicken to taste
3. In a large frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil brown chicken(about 2-3 minutes per side). Meanwhile in a medium bowl, add the soup, sour cream and the wine.
4. Add the chicken to a shallow baking dish that has been spared with non stick spray.
5. Then in the frying pan cook mushrooms until golden brown. Layer the mushroom over the
6. Top chicken with cheese slices.
7. Pour soup mix over the cheese.
8. Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.